Wednesday 13 April 2016

Work / Developement of ideas





These are my first attempts at creating Cinemagraphs inspired by Petra Švajger. My idea was to focus more on portraiture and lighting which I experimented with here. The lighting and black and white was inspired by my artist but my own take on Petra's work. I wanted these initial cinemagraphs to be quite eerie and melancholy which I think I succeeded in doing.

These were an experimentation though and have some minor issues which can easily be fixed in further experimentation. For instance the timing and framing in the last two gifs need to be edited as I feel they don't work nice enough in the looping sequence. The last gif was also rushed and have a few harsh lines that I didn't edit out.

Overall I really like my first stages of development and feel inspired to take my experiments and techniques further to go on to produce a final piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment